Adult Literacy Programmes
County Wexford VEC »Adult Literacy Programmes
Home Co Wexford Adult Literacy Programmes
We provide a free and confidential service for adults
seeking to return to learning, build on their skills and develop further confidence.
All of our programmes are delivered by highly skilled and sensitive tutors, in a relaxed and informal atmosphere.
General Learning Programme (FETAC level 1-3 and Non-formal)
(Runs September to May)
- One-to-One Tuition (may run through summer months providing centre is open)
- Small Group Tuition (5-10 individuals depending on levels)
- Themed Literacy - Literacy delivered through the medium of other core subjects
e.g. Drama, Art, Cookery, Creative Writing, Gardening, and Metal/Woodwork
Four week programmes run in centres for the month of June
Essential Skills Programme (Formal FETAC and Non-Formal)
Small group tuition (4-5 individuals) for individuals with special needs (delivered in
our centres for organisations working with individuals with special needs, also
delivered for groups of individual members of the Public)
(2 year programme leading to level 1 or level 2 certificate).
Workplace literacy (self financing)
- Skills for Work
ITABE Programme - Intensive Tuition (14 Weeks) (self-financing)
- Universal book gifting scheme (delivered through PHN) supported by the service in
collaboration with HSE, Co. Council and Community. ALO is on the Steering group in Wexford
- Groups of 8-12 working towards English FETAC Levels 1-3
Bridging programme for progression onto further Education Programmes
- 6-10 week family literacy course ran in schools, in our centres or in community locations etc.
- DSP Referral Programme - The Adult Literacy Service has been involved in the
'assessment element of the programme